We are looking for a person who is passionate about user needs to join JPx, our experience design practice area. You will be responsible for delivering solutions and design strategy for our clients, working alongside them from discovery to delivery, while leading and supporting other members of your team to deliver these solutions.
You work hard to question and uncover the right user needs in order to build experiences that improve peoples lives. You have a strong command of interaction design, service design and can communicate the underlying principles and theories to those around you.
- Deliver design concepts, solutions and strategies to meet the needs of the business and its intended audience, in a high degree of visual fidelity and detail as needed.
- Knowledgeable in various qualitative and quantitative design research methodologies, and their application within a design approach with an ability to crunch data, organize information whilst understanding human behavior.
- Help influence a culture of constructive feedback within the team, for design and design research.
- Support to shape our design philosophy and practice – evidence-based creativity – internally and externally.
- Support the costing and planning activity of design deliverables, report on the status of such deliverables to the management team.
- Support the wider sales team by identifying business opportunities, leading pitches, and generating ideas and suggestions for prospective work.
- Share project stories and experiences with the wider business, providing critique and direction to your peers and team members.
- Present design thinking to clients, drawing on relevant research insights to ground recommendations and decisions.
- Lead and facilitate workshops with clients and team members.
- Shape conversations with clients on key metrics for success and return of investments on design / product initiatives.
- Contribute to company blog posts and social media.
- Minimum of 5 – 6 years delivering design solutions and strategies for products or services, preferably agency but client side will be considered.
- Strong aesthetic and visual design sensibilities as well as the ability to articulate, rationalise and document visual directions.
- Experience in international projects
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms such as desktop and mobile, as well as app environments.
- A deep understanding of visual design and how it’s applied to interaction and user interface design to improve clarity of communication.
- Good knowledge or experience with core service design methods and processes
- Experience in mentoring and managing cross-disciplinary teams, including designers and design researchers.
- Undertaking of primary and secondary research, as a core part of your design process and familiarity with human-centered design interviews
- Pitching and winning new business accounts.
- Experienced using industry-standard design visualisation software (for example Sketch, Figma, Adobe, etc.).
- Recognised degree-level qualifications (e.g. graphic, experience or digital design, HCI) or relevant hands-on experience.
- A creative, inquisitive mindset
- An excellent problem solver
- Excellent communication skills including open listening
- Attention to detail
- An entrepreneurial mindset
- Collaborative, whilst taking responsibility for your work
- Analytical thinking
- Strong project management
- Research techniques and interview skills
- Brings new knowledge to our team and challenges what we do