We are looking for an ambitious, self-motivated, energetic and creative communications specialist and storyteller to join our team! You will be required to manage strategic external communications across multi platforms focused on sharing the stories of our client’s businesses. Excellent communications skills, exemplary writing ability and a talent for collaboration together with creativity and flexibility are a must.
Overall Job Purpose
Proactive implementation of clients’ communication strategy; transforming business objectives and challenging and driving change and innovation. Experience working across different platforms including traditional media, digital media, social media, online influencers, bloggers to actively promote the interests of clients. Team management and leadership skills with the ability to set and prioritise goals. Event planning and Management.
- Creation and development of communication plans for integrated campaigns including strategy, goals, budgets and tactics for JPA clients.
- Management of relationships with clients, media houses, online influencers and industry stakeholders.
- Content writing and repurposing across different platforms with a strong understanding of the digital environment
- Integrating industry news and trends into PR strategy
- Control and monitor financial budgets
- Management of media monitoring and reporting
Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assume day to day running of assigned client accounts
- Management of relevant client / agency relationships – successfully building positive relationships with clients and managing client expectations
- Develop and implement integrated PR and social media strategies for assigned clients
- Initiate, plan and implement events and ensure maximum publicity for all relevant clients
- Maintaining key internal and external relationships, specifically with the account management team and media
- Compile monthly PR reports, media analyses and strategic PR insight updates
- Proactively advise clients on expectations of forthcoming projects
- Be able to set budgets for ad hoc projects and get them approved
- Ensure key contacts are aware of the status of work in progress at all times
- Ensure activity is being delivered on deadline
- Ensure deliverables are of required standard and on strategy
- To maintain and build client, media and supplier relationships through effective networking and attending industry related events
- To manage media-related events as per client requirements – to include media liaison, compilation and management of databases, sending invitations and managing RSVP’s, liaise with relevant suppliers etc.
- To ensure the JPA’s reputation is upheld at all times by establishing close media relations & building the brand
Qualification and Experience:
- Completed education up to tertiary level and possess at least five years’ experience in a similar position
- Experience of devising online PR and/or social media marketing campaigns
Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent written English
- Maltese not required but beneficial
- Excellent communication skills
- Organised and efficient
- An outgoing personality with the personal skills required to make new contacts, network effectively and ‘sell’ on behalf of clients
- A flexible attitude and willingness to work across a number of different projects simultaneously
- Good proficiency in MS Office (particularly MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint)
- Clean driving licence and use of own method of transport
- Strong business acumen
- Inquisitive personality and drive to learn more about our clients business